www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Sunday, February 04, 2007

    It was only a matter of time

    before I became a social activist. Yesterday marked the first time I went off to do some thing purely for that type of cause. I went off to a Wal-Mart who was having an infant nutrition class offered by Similac and not even mentioning breastmilk. Another lady I know set the whole thing up, John printed us some informational pages, and Jack and I went off to work the booth talking to Moms who were interested. Not in your face, not to those who didn't care, not as a protest, but as a service. We had compiled a list of all of the local resources into a single sheet where Moms who choose to breastfeed could go to for immediate help and support. It seemed to be really appreciated by several people... incluing one MIL. LOL

    The best thing? Similac didn't even show up! They stood Wal-Mart up!

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home