www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Sunday, December 10, 2006

    Dory today.

    So Dory came to wake me up this morning and arrived at my bed wearing a size 0-3month sleeper gown, you know, the ones that look like onesies at the top but go past their toes to a large hole for easy diaper access... yeah, she was WEARING it!!! So, anyway, I decided to ignore this portion of our program because I didn't have it in me to tell her that she couldn't wear it. Apparently my ignoring this glaring fact was NOT a part of HER program. As soon as she realized that I was not going to comment on it she proceeded to tell me how the conversation should have gone:

    (All her)
    You say, "Dory Grace!"
    I say, "What mommy?"
    You say, "That's Jacks!"
    I say, "But I want to wear it."
    You say, "No honey, you can't, it's too little for you."
    I say, "No, it's not!"


    At which point I just started laughing at her amazing ability of planning and insight. The cunning little girl had planned this ploy for attention even before John and I were up this morning. Amazes me to no end. And makes me feel bad that I haven't been able to give her enough attention that she is already foreplanning like this.

    _________________________
    Edited to add:
    even better...
    She knows that saying prayers means bedtime and that I or John will very shortly be leaving the room. So, tonight when I suggested saying prayers she said, as always, "no mommy, no prayers". I went ahead and started anyway and then she said, "No Mommy, we can't talk to God. He's not home. Nope, uh uh, he's not. God's not home." I stopped and explained to her again how God is always there and is always with us and she said, "Nope, we can't talk to God right now." How's that for a not going to go to bed ploy? I think we need to move night time prayers to another segment of the program...

    Labels:

    1 Comments:

    Blogger MelloYello said...

    That is so funny! She's so precocious, and jack is beautiful! I'm bummed that we won't be able to get to see you at the wedding but I'm glad you are all doing well!

    9:40 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home