www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Friday, March 23, 2007

    And the Cake is in the Oven

    Yep. It's 11:30 the night before Dory's first real birthday party. Sure she has had others, but she will hopefully have a few friends at this one, even if they just drop in. This is her actual first birthday cake... and I really hope that I don't screw it up. Who knew there were 3 zillion different recipes for Carrot Cake? I had no clue, as this is my first. That said, in true Jenny style, I had to tinker wih it... could no for the life of me stick to just one recipe! I instead followed 3. Yes, that's right... 3.
    ~http://www.cooksillustrated.com/article.asp?articleid=28
    ~http://www.joyofbaking.com/CarrotCake.html
    ~http://southernfood.about.com/od/carrotcakesandcookies/r/bl30409k.htm
    I now have NO CLUE how long it should be in there... I guess I will just check it obsesively.

    The Jenny version is as follows:
    1.5c Og All-Purpose Unbleached Flour
    1c Og Whole Wheat Flour
    1.25tsp Og Cinnamin
    1.25tsp Og Baking Powder
    1tsp Baking Soda
    .5 tsp Sea Salt
    1c Og Cane Sugar
    .5c Dark Brown Muscadavo
    4 Og Free Range Amish Farmer Eggs
    .75# Og Carrots, finely grated
    1c Og Chopped & Toasted Pecans
    1c Og Raisens
    1c Og Unrefined Coconut Oil
    .66c Og Applesauce
    2tsp Og Pure Burbon Vanilla (Neilson-Massey Madagascar)

    All mixed up and baking right now. The batter tasted good.... I sure hope the cake does. Or I will still be up at 4am making the next one.


    UPDATE, 12:36am: YUM.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home