www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Monday, May 21, 2007

    Jack's Birth Story

    I don't know why I seem to have to wait 6 months to write about birth... It mist have something to do with the time frame where I no longer feel like I have a baby anymore.
    -------
    I started labor pains on Sunday night and they continued through Monday morning. I got out of bed about 3 am and woke John to let him know I would be in the tub and not to get up. He went back to sleep for about 2 minutes, and then it registered. I was in the tub. This was for real. He was up and at 'em doing everything he could possibly think of. He wanted to call everyone then. I reminded him we had a ways to go. He busied himself while I relaxed and Dory slept. I got back out, went shuffling about and may have gone back to bed for a short while. Around 7 or 9am John called everyone to give them a heads up, especially Tricia so she could be on her was to come and watch Dory. The plan was loosely to go to lunch/dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Raymond and my Mom while we were laboring at the house. Dory woke up around 8am and played with us some until Auntie arrived. John had blown up the pool in the dinning room. I went back to the tub about 9am and when I had been in for a few minutes I felt my labor slow down and I nearly fell asleep in the tub. I got out and went to bed to rest, napping for about 30 minutes while listening to Enya. Lara showed up right as I was coming to and sat with me as we chatted about the birth and other things. I love having her around, she makes birth easy. As Lara and I were talking my midwife arrived with her assistant and 2 of her children. I got up and helped everyone get situated. It wasn't long before I headed out for a walk to get labor going again, the midwife left to go for a postpartum check, Tricia left with Dory to eat with Grandma and Grandpa and I kept blogging it all.

    see http://jenraymond.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html for the rest... lol

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home