www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Wednesday, May 16, 2007

    The Gilmore Girls


    are now over. No more Tuesday nights with my fave girls. I just can NOT believe how it ended. It was a great episode, but for a seven year show it was going out with a whimper.

    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20039039,00.html
    This is a great article. It recaps very nicely. And there is a great link to Kirk's greatest moments countdown as well.

    I guess it is like the end of an era for me. I first found the Gilmore's when John and I were just beginning. I was fresh from college and was single. Then I got married and had Dory. They were there day in and day out on DVD when I was home alone with the new baby stuck on the couch exhausted and learning to nurse and seeing a great mom and daughter team was wonderful. It brought me hope and provided me with companionship when everyone I knew was working and I had no support team like CM or NTC is for me now. No one else I knew had kids yet. But Lorelai did. I guess it is pretty bad to say that they were what I had, but in many ways, and many days... it is what I had. I can always go back and watch past episodes, but it is much like looking through a memory book. It's not the same thing as walking and talking and sharing something new with them. Or a cup of coffee. *sigh* It's a lot like when a beloved pet dies. I will never call Becky to come over and watch a new Tuesday episode with me again. I will never have the same anticipation for a day of the week as a moment of relief, knowing that I can sit back and relax among friends who are smart and witty, strong and oh so trendy.
    I guess I could blame Lorelai on my obsession after Dory was born in not being a sweat pants mom. I started caring more about me and my appearance after a few months and bought myself more clothes than I ever had before. It was glorious. It made me feel really GOOD about myself. I could be a mom and super cool. In fact, more trendy and cool than I had perhaps ever been before.
    Okay, so I can't just love the amounts of junk they ate.
    My life will go on, of course... but seriously, I am mourning.
    I just can't believe it's really over.
    la la la, la la la lala, la la la, lalala la la la la la la.....

    Labels: ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home