www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Saturday, May 05, 2007

    NCFOM


    North Carolina Friends of Midwives has introduced legislation to legalize Certified Professional Midwives here in North Carolina. NCFOM has worked very hard to put together a good bill that should not affect lay midwives or current status of Certified Nurse Midwives. I too hope that the midwife we choose for Jack's birth can soon practice legally here in NC. We had a very safe uneventful birth, but her legalization would have made any transports to the hospital even safer for the baby and I should something had gone wrong. It didn't, and we are thankful. Statistics, clear unmuddled ststistics, show that for a low risk birth, homebirthing is SAFER than a homebirth. NC-- Please legalize my CPM!!!

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home