www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Friday, June 29, 2007

    It was the first time in 8 months....

    that I have walked out the door without a child, of any kind, for a length of time. I just spent slightly less than 2 hours blissfully all on my own. I ran into Mike Walker, I picked up a co-op order, went for coffee... and looked at the world without child lenses on. I saw road kill. Sound stupid? I am usually refereeing the back seat and looking out for other cars... way to busy to see road kill. I counted 4 squirrels. Bad day for squirrels.

    So, what does all this say?

    I have no clue what to do when on my own anymore.

    When I got home, John seemed exhausted and said he had been 'bit, scratched, hit, and generally mauled... and that was just the dog'. I replied... 'so, now you know why I am so tired when you get home?' He said, YES.

    The two hours were indeed very fleeting. I look forward to more.

    Labels:

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Ted said...

    I ran into something similar as my work-related responsibilities trended down to a mere 80 hours a week. I've had real trouble figuring out what to do with my spare time.

    The good news is you get the hang of it eventually. My advice? Find a hobby that has NOTHING to do with the thing that has taken up so much of your time.

    8:24 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home