www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Monday, March 03, 2008

    NO! Don't Go!

    Grand came over to play yesterday, and we had a great time. Jack was ecstatic to see her, wouldn't even let her go for a half hour once she got here. When Dory finally woke up from her nap she got to play for a good while as well.

    When it came time for Gail to head home, Jack gave her a non ending hug, he wouldn't come back to me. (If you know him, you know that can be significant!) Gail asked him if he wanted to go with her, he replied with his 'eh-uh' grunt and a head shake... to us it looks like 'no', but it is his 'yes'. So, she walked out the door with him, and out to the car. We shut the door behind them and watched as they headed out. Dory FREAKED.

    "Noooooo!!!!!!! She CAN'T TAKE HIM!!!!!"

    I opened the door and said, "Well, then go get him!"

    She took off running after them yelling the whole way. When she got there, she was in full blown tears and hysterics.

    "Grand!!! You CAN'T TAKE HIM! NO GRAND!"

    John and I were standing at the door trying not to loose it laughing. It was so funny, loving and sad all at the same time. Jack just looked at Dory like, 'What's wrong with her?'

    Needless to say, Jack didn't go, Dory calmed down and the crisis was adverted. At dinner John claimed the whole scene was beyond his comprehension since he doesn't have a sibling. I understand though. :)

    Labels: , ,

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Yankee John said...

    I've felt that way about the last beer in the fridge...

    2:50 PM  
    Blogger Yankee John said...

    seriously though, it was an incredibly touching moment and I sort of feel bad about just HOW UPSET Dory was about her brother leaving. I just have no concept of sibling love - it was maybe only the second or third time I ever thought twice about being an only child.

    2:52 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home