www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Wednesday, August 29, 2007

    Once back in college...

    I was bitten by a mouse. It was my roommate's live feed for her pet snake. (BTW- that thing STANK!) It was a bit painful as he bit the tip of my finger and his teeth were ^%#&@%* SHARP!!! But, he had it coming since he was lunch.

    _______skip ahead many years______

    I have not thought about that since until the last week or so. Now I think about it multiple times a day. Jack now has 6 perfectly razor sharp little teeth and when you least expect it, when you are holding him and he snuggles close.... ZAP! pain courses just like it did nearly a decade ago. Yes, he has even broken skin and drawn blood. It. Really. Hurts.

    I yelp.
    I try not to hurt him as I reactively pull away.
    I set him down.
    I walk away.

    He looks bewildered.
    He scrunched up his face pitifully.
    He wails.

    I swear he thinks he is giving me love nips... like when a new mom or dad just wants to 'eat the baby up' and can't refrain from nibbling on the baby. I swear that seems to be what he is doing. But, IT HURTS!!!!

    Dory never did do this. She would nip while nursing when tired, but Jack has taken biting to a whole new, painful, level.

    He bites my shoulder, my clothes, my arm, my nipple... you name it, he will bite it. I am soooo ready for it to stop.

    Labels: ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home