www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Sunday, October 14, 2007

    Asheville for Auntie's Birthday

    We headed to Asheville yesterday to celebrate Tricia's long overdue birthday. We met for lunch at Tupelo Honey Cafe, ate really well - organic, local, gluten free, and the regular ones of our party - they accommodated us all. It was delicious. They make one he11 of a goat cheese omelet, btw. From there we headed over to the nature center for the Hey Day that they had going on. We saw black bears, cougars, bob cats, deer, a draft horse... even a baby ferret. Dory made a necklace of leaves for Auntie. We all wore ourselves out pretty well.
    On the way up we turned Jack's car seat around thinking he would really like it... we were so wrong. He squalled. He could SEE Mommy, but could not GET Mommy. We stopped just shy of I-40 and turned him right back around. He was asleep in 5 minutes. Good Grief. As I was turning him around, I saw the incision in his mouth for his new tooth. Overall, it was a wonderful trip. It was short and not everything I would have loved it to be, but you can only do so much with a two kids, no money and a few hours. LOL We all had a great time.
    My camera ran out of juice, so I had to resort to my camera phone, but I do not have a way to download those right now. :( So these pics will have to do.

    Me and the Bud.


    Where is Auntie and Yon?


    Dan the Draft Horse


    Auntie loves Dory, Dory loves Auntie! Happy Birthday!


    That's a really big cat. (A Cougar)

    Labels: , , ,

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Looks like a lovely day to be outside. I just love, love, love when you post a story and pictures! Miss and love you all!

    10:59 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home