www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Wednesday, April 09, 2008

    My evening with the Harlot

    We had the best time tonight. I went not knowing of the Harlot and being a complete convert. After such a hard couple of weeks, she had me laughing so hard and itching to get back to the knitting needles. I did end up buying one of her books and am enjoying it quite a bit. She told us all sorts of funny tales and then regaled us with her most recent disaster. Stitches. My sides, that is. I decided then to give her a stitch marker, I had no other gift for her and all of the sudden it just felt WRONG to meet her and not bestow her with something. So I pulled out my most expensive little guy and ashamedly admitted to her that I could not tell her what the stone actually was, just what it cost me.... how tacky am I? *sigh* At any rate, she said it was her fave color... I know it's not real good for socks, but hopefully she will enjoy it on something.
    Also, I took no knitting with me. A MASSIVE knitting group, a speaker of knitting, everyone around me knitting... and my hands were empty. Oh, the horror. It was like showing up naked in public. Seriously, it was bad. A mistake I will not make again.
    Anyway, The Yarn Harlot tells the night's tale pretty well. Better than me at least.
    Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!Thank you to Stacey from the Charlotte Purls for the picture!

    Labels: ,

    2 Comments:

    Blogger KnitterMama said...

    I can't believe that you saw her! i have a couple of her books and I love them.

    10:19 PM  
    Blogger Jenny said...

    And the worst part... I forgot my camera. AND first sock...

    11:48 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home