www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Thursday, April 03, 2008

    Winding a ball


    I would love to have a swift and barn baller that makes such pretty little yarn cakes, but I also want a nostepinne. What's THAT you ask? And old fashioned, low tech tool for winding yarn from an unusable skein of twisted yarn into a useable center pull ball or 'cake'. I finally hand wound my first ball of yarn today, on an ink pen. It worked fairly well, but I will say my ball is tiny since it is Koigu mill ends. Only 11g in this ball. I have no idea how I will handle a larger full size skein, but this wasn't bad, and makes me think to a certain degree I might enjoy winding by hand.

    Labels: ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home