www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Wednesday, February 04, 2009

    O hai, Sweater-ish!


    O hai, Sweater-ish!, originally uploaded by zzwhitejd.

    (Sorry Becky - it's one of those awful knitting posts...)

    I have had 2 skeins of Applewood Malabrigo Chunky for a few months now - with nothing in mind for them other than I was in love with them and knew they needed to be used together. Searches across ravelry just wouldn't produce anything to actually produce with them and I have no experience with something 'large' so who knew how far I could get with them before running out...

    So, on the 31st, i sat down with needles and the first skein and cast on. Cast on what you ask? Um, I didn't know. I just cast on. And knit. and decided to throw in an increase here and there and kept knitting. Thought, oh, how nice those increases are lining up - very Zimmerman-ish. But then... well, this side is too long. Hummm, a button hole might help that then. Oh, shoot, I ought to make that a tab and bind off this bit to even it out.

    Then I stopped for 2 days.

    I had something in the shape of a rectangle that wrapped around my shoulders pretty nicely. 1/2 of my first skein was gone so I knew if I wanted to actually *make* something that I needed to go lacy.
    I asked Chrispy but she didn't know. Said what I knew all along, that it was time to flip through my stitch dictionaries. It's why I have them anyway...

    (TBC - Jack just woke up. There you go, Ba, a kid thrown in!)

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Virtuous said...

    Snazzy I might say!!

    Look at you being all Zimmern-ish and all! ;op I swear y'all must be related! You are such an adventureous knitter!!

    6:26 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home