www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Monday, September 18, 2006

    Jeramiah 31:13b

    New American Standard Bible (NASB):
    "For I will turn their mourning into joy
    and will comfort them and give them joy for their sorrow."


    On Wednesday we went for my Grandfather's funeral. After a day like that, one can truly understand how sorrow can be replaced with joy. It was a family reunion long in the making.
    I finally met my long lost Aunt Bobbie, saw Aunt Sue again, met three of my cousins and three of their children as well as many spouses. Tricia had asked me on the way there what she should expect, and I simply told her that they do indeed look like Mom and Aunt Connie. The family resemblance is striking, on many levels.
    It seemed to me that many bad years were erased, forgotten and forgiven from my Mom's past and a new road was forged. It might still be a bumpy road, but the journey has been started.
    It was a day of tears, but many of them were of joy. Grandpa had apparently wanted his daughters reunited, and he did get his last wish. :)
    And it was good.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home