www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Sunday, November 25, 2007

    Thanksgiving Pie

    So, what do you do with a tiny bit of turkey, carrots, celery, some left over bread and a ton of mashed potatoes? You make the Thanksgiving version of Shepherd's/Cottage Pie. John and I picked the turkey clean, added shallots, carrots, celery, rosemary, sage and thyme... toasted some bread cubes and giblets then layered it all in a pan with gravy over the top. Sealed with the purple mashed potatoes and piped on white mashed potatoes and covered in shredded cheddar cheese we do believe we have lit upon the perfect after Thanksgiving meal.



    I know it doesn't LOOK like much, but neither does Cottage pie... but it's super comfort food, and the side of cranberry chutney was perfect.
    Let me just say... we have a winner. This will become a yearly dish now.

    Labels: , ,

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Yankee John said...

    what a noble end for this bird. in a word, super-yummy!

    3:46 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Definately doesn't look yummy, but if it smelled good, I would eat it, but making sure I kept my eyes closed, hee hee!

    8:10 PM  
    Blogger doreen said...

    sounds yummy enough.

    12:11 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home