www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Tuesday, February 28, 2006

    So this time it's Mommy's turn to learn...

    4 days ago I wrote about how John learned a lesson about Dory and diapers.... Well, I haven't had time to write it up until now, but the next night was, unfortunately, my turn. That little bugger.

    I know when a diaper has velcro that you have to have some sort of cover on it, like pants or pajamas. So, I put her in pajamas. Normal huh? Well, the next morning, I woke up and Dory greeted me at the door and said, "poopy diaper, Mommy" and disappeared for a few seconds. When she returned she was carrying a used diaper and pointing to the inside of it saying "poopy" and pointing. I told her not to put her finger in it while I desperately tried to figure out how we would have left a dirty diaper in her room for her to find. Clearly it wasn't the one she went to bed in.

    Not so fast.
    When I went over to her and took the diaper from her, I glanced around her room trying to figure the mystery out. Her clothes were still on, and all of the snaps fastened. She has not been able to fasten snaps just yet, so clearly I was in the clear. So, I threw the diaper away.

    Didn't slow down did you?
    When I picked her up, it felt a little weird; diapers always add a bit of padding, and she didn't have any. The little bugger had managed to unfasten it and pull it out one of the leg holes without getting any on herself. Amazing.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home