www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Tuesday, March 07, 2006

    Meeting Grandpa

    This week will be something that I have thought about and dreamed of for many years. I will finally be meeting my Grandfather Kell. I will be traveling to Ohio on Friday with my family and we will take it from there...
    For quite a bit of my life he was so out of the picture that I considered myself Greandfather-less since the other one died of cancer when I was little. Well, when Dory was born, I wrote Grandpa Kell a note letting him know that he had another Great-Grandchild. I figured he had the right to know, no matter what family problems were in the past. I didn't expect anything in return, not even an acknowledgement. Instead, I recieved a wonderful letter and a new Grandparent.
    It has been a bumpy road for the rest of my Mom's side, they were not really sure about re-establishing ties, but all seems to be going fairly well as they have adjusted to the ripples I have caused. I guess they might think it more Tsunami like....
    Anyway, it's a new leap for me, and I am excited about it.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home