www.flickr.com
    follow me on Twitter









    Charlotte Purls


    Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

    and they call me 'Mommy'...

    Drips and dribbles of my life and the things that peak my interest... mainly the kidlets and knitting.

    Wednesday, March 01, 2006

    Fever

    Yesterday morning was a bit eventful.... I had intended on joining the Mommy Mafia out for coffee, but alas, it was not meant to be.
    Dory woke up early with a raging fever of 102.8. After giving her the milk she desperately wanted, she proceeded to give all of it right back to me. Isn't she sweet? So thoughtful of her. John gave her a bath as I cleaned up the bed sheets. (I did this immediately b/c I have learned my lesson about letting them sit. One of her good little blankies is stained with mold, and it's silk so I can't bleach it!!! YUCK! I guess that should have been blogged previously.)
    After John left for work Dory and I hit the couch and I gave her milky-water to sip on for awhile until I knew we were not going to have a repeat. We managed to stay right there nearly all day. She was hot and wimpy, but fully cognitive, so I didn't want to fall prey to the American "Fever Fear". If her little body is doing it's job of fighting an infection, than let it do it! I would rather her sick with fever for one day than sick for a week because she can't shake something.
    Anyway, a boring end to a boring story, her fever broke this morning, and she has been playing non-stop today. Just a bit of a runny nose.
    I just wanted to say how proud I am of Daddy.... He didn't freak out over the fever and let me take care of it. At least he didn't show his freak out.... I know he really wanted to give her Tylenol; he has the "Fever Fear".

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home